1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My market area is the mid-Atlantic in Maryland and Delaware. I am also licensed in Florida and do business in the Jacksonville market. I specialize in self-storage and hospitality.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
Make sure you have a strong presence in your market and strive to keep it. Utilize all your contacts, and you will be surprised how fast your database will grow.
3. What’s been the biggest changeover on how you run your business in the past decade?
Technology has really changed this business – so embrace it. I am trying to keep up with it and learn how to use it effectively. It will make you more efficient and productive.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
“Brokers Who Dominate” by Rod Santomassimo. It’s a great book for all brokers to read.
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
Even though my body lets me know I have gotten much older, I still try to play soccer with the kids I coach. In the early 80’s I received a full soccer scholarship to play for the nationally-ranked division one Philadelphia Textile (now Philadelphia University and division two). Our program dominated during that time and a lot of great players played there. I still stay in touch with them even though we all have moved on.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.