Today’s 5 for Friday features Nashville’s Carnell Scruggs, CCIM, Managing Director at Sperry Van Ness/The Genesis Group.
1. What is your geographic market and product specialty?
I’m licensed in Tennessee and Alabama and work the Southeast.
2. What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
I recommend communicating with your clients regularly, either on a weekly or monthly basis. Always look for the opportunities that nobody else wants.
3. What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
I have become more efficient by using technology. Also, forming alliances and joint ventures throughout the country to obtain more business.
4. What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
Dig Your Well Before You’re Thirsty by Harvey Mackay
5. What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
I was a competitive baseball player through college and semi-pro.
*All Sperry Van Ness® Offices are Independently Owned and Operated.