1) What is your geographic market and product specialty?
My primary geographic market is eastern Pennsylvania, including the Lehigh Valley, as well as Monroe and Pike counties. My secondary market is eastern US, east of the Mississippi. My focus is on multifamily, retail (including STNL), and consulting services.
2) What’s your latest best practice tip that you can share?
We all know about business plans. However, if you really take it on, that is, create a plan that is you and for you, and refer to it at least monthly, it’s a very powerful tool to increase production, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
3) What’s been the biggest change over on how you run your business in the past decade?
I have become very focused on goals and objectives, both for myself and my clients. To get clear on this with clients, I ask more questions then ever.
4) What business book do you like to recommend to your colleagues?
In this extremely challenging and moving environment I recommend a very simple and short book: Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson. Many people re-read it every few months since it helps get one clear as to when to let go of prior expectations and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
5) What’s a fun fact that not everyone knows about you?
My wife thinks that sometimes I take my hobbies a bit too seriously. Since I like marksmanship (especially handgun target shooting) I built a 14,000 sq.ft. indoor pistol shooting range to be able to practice year round. I am also fluent in Polish.
*All Sperry Van Ness® offices are independently owned and operated.